8 Day Juice Fast Extremely Successful & Rewarding!
I have just completed an 8-day juice fast and I feel absolutely fantastic! I'd like to share with you how my fast went and what was accomplished.
My main reasons for doing this fast were to clean out my colon, detoxify my body, give my body a chance to rest and rebuild itself, rejuvenation, a marriage breakthrough, and a spiritual breakthrough. I know, that's a lot of purposes to have when going on a juice fast, but these were the needs in my life that needed a breakthrough.
"The single most powerful tool I have seen for optimum health and rejuvenation is the JUICE FAST!" - Dr. Otto Burchinger, M.D.
We all need to come to the realization and experience that regular, periodic juice fasting is one of the essential keys to good nutrition and to eating healthy.
I'd like to share the details of my current juice fast with you to show you what's it's like and what you need to remember to do in order to be successful in your juice fasting.
My last meal was a healthy dinner on Saturday, January 26th.
Day 1 - Sunday, Jan. 27 - 175 pounds. Drank juices & water. Morning & evening enemas.
Day 2 - Monday, Jan. 28 - 173 pounds. Drank juices & water, with morning & evening enemas.
Day 3 - Tues, Jan 29 - 170 pounds. Drank juices & water, with morning & evening enemas.
Day 4 - Wed, Jan 30 - 168 pounds. Drank juices & water. Morning & evening enemas.
Day 5 - Thurs, Jan 31 - 168 pounds. Same as above...
Day 6 - Frid, Feb 1 - 167 pounds. Same as above...
Day 7 - Sat. Feb 2 - 165 pounds. Drank juices & water. Only morning enema.
Day 8 - Sun. Feb 3 - 163 pounds. Drank juices & water. Only morning enema.
Broke the fast Sunday evening at 5:30 pm with a raw apple and some cinnamon.
I was able to work a full 50 hour work week without any problem. I had plenty of energy and my mind was very clear. On the 7th day, I actually helped my sister-in-law move all day, which included a lot of heavy lifting. Surprisingly, I had plenty of energy to do it without any problem.
With all the enemas I did, my body was able to detoxify and cleanse itself of a lot of putrid crud that had been built up in my colon over the last several years. At times it was scary to see how much awful stuff I had stuck up in me that only came out as a direct result of the juice fast, the colon cleansing herbs and ingredients that I took, and the two daily enemas.
On day 5, I had the most disgusting crud come out of me, and it reminded me exactly of some photos I had seen on some colon cleansing websites of long putrid crud that other people have been able to purge their bodies of through juice fasting and colon cleansing. So...I, too, took a picture of it to remind myself of the power of a juice fast to cleanse the colon. If you're squeamish, don't look at the photo. For those of you who get grossed out easily, I'll post the photo at the bottom of the email so that you don't have to see it.
By day 8, my morning enema revealed no more solid poop in me, so I felt like it was time to end the fast. I'm still amazed at how much horrid stuff came out of me through 8 days of juice fasting and taking enemas twice a day. It's rather shocking and disgusting!
By the time I broke the fast tonight at the end of the 8th day, I had lost 12 pounds! I look a whole lot thinner and my friends and family have commented on it. More importantly, I feel a whole lot cleaner and healthier, my body feels like it experienced quite a bit of detoxification, I feel rejuvenated and energetic, I experienced a breakthrough in my marriage, and I feel like I've had a real spiritual breakthrough.
Was it worth it? Oh YES!
Was it hard? Not really. It was actually a lot easier than I expected, and it was a whole lot easier than doing a water only fast. After about the 6th day, I did start missing food when I was around it, and everything in my wife's kitchen looked and smelled great.
Will I do it again? YES, of course! I'll continue fasting one day a week for general upkeep of my colon, but I'll also plan on doing an extended juice fast at least two or three times a year.
I strongly recommend that you get yourself a good enema kit, some of Uri International's live whole food based InstaFresh juice powder mixes, and plan your first juice fast some time in the next three weeks.
Remember these important parts of JUICE FASTING:
1. Drink only fresh homemade juices, spring water, homemade vegetable broth, and any combination of the live whole food based InstaFresh super juice powdered drink mixes by Uri such as The Feast, Beyond Berries, Barley Pure, Sweet Careet, etc.
I drank a smoothie every morning made from the following ingredients: 2 scoops of The Feast & 1 scoop of Barley Pure by Uri, half a raw lemon, cayenne pepper, 2 teaspoons of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, Himalayan salt water, 2 tablespoons freshly ground flaxseed, 1 scoop of Multi Clean Colon Support by Uri, 1 scoop of psyllium husk seeds, 1 tablespoon of raw honey. In the afternoon and in the evening, I've been drinking a serving of the live whole food based InstaFresh super juice powdered drink, the Feast and Beyond Berries, by Uri.
2. Add some kind of colon cleaning support to your drinks once a day. In my case, I used "Multi Clean Colon Support" by Uri International. I also added two droppers of Fresh Green Black Walnut Wormwood Complex to my morning and evening smoothies.
3. Do a morning and evening enema with lukewarm water. You can find directions on how to do this on my blog. This is a critical step to make sure you do because it helps to get the old feces and toxic material out of your colon while you're on your fast. You'll need a simple $15 enema kit to do this yourself.
4. Do a morning and evening dry brush massage. This is simply a rough brush that you brush all over your body to rub off dead skin and to help remove the toxins that are being expelled through your skin. A dry brush massage is quite an invigorating experience and very healthy for you.
5. Do some kind of moderate daily exercise such as walking for 30-60 minutes. I strongly encourage you to go for a long walk in the morning and again in the late afternoon or early evening.
6. Stay away from the kitchen unless you're preparing your smoothie or juice or vegetable broth. You don't want to hang around food or people eating food which may prove to be a temptation.
7. Get plenty of rest every night and try to go to bed early.
8. Keep doing your normal work routine, and you'll be surprised that you'll have a lot of energy as your fast progresses.
Thank you so much for visiting my health and nutrition blog. Please check back often for my most recent postings on good nutrition and on eating healthy, and consider adding my RSS FEED so that you can be kept up to date on all of these health and nutrition articles. As a defender of your health, I am dedicated to providing you with the Keys to Good Nutrition and Tips to Eating Healthy. I'm also devoted to encouraging you to eat 5-9 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables every day, and the best way to do that is by drinking the Feast, by Uri International, which is a live whole food based InstaFresh super juice powder drink by Yuri.
For more information, click here:
Get your fresh fruits and vegetables in a convenient, delicious, lifestyle-friendly powdered drink in 30 seconds - http://www.UriLife.net/jfriberg
To your health, longevity, and prosperity,
Josiah Friberg, Health and Nutrition Educator