Thursday, October 4, 2007

Healthy Kitchen Cookware Part 4 - Keys to Good Nutrition and Tips to Eating Healthy


"Not all the poisons we drink are found under the sink." - Ted Broer

I would like to conclude this four part series about creating a with things that you should not have or use in your kitchen. Avoiding using these unhealthy kitchen items is one more of the and to .

THINGS YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE & NOT USE IN YOUR HEALTHY KITCHEN

1. Do not have or use a microwave oven in your kitchen. Using a to heat your food actually damages the molecular structure of your food and changes it to a very unhealthy form. If man could live without microwave ovens for 5,970 years, I'm sure you can find a much better and more healthy way to heat your food. Ever heard of a stove top and an oven. Sure, it takes longer to heat things up, but are you really willing to sacrifice your physical health for anything, especially for convenience?

2. Do not use a pressure cooker. This kind of pot uses dangerously high temperatures to cook your food quickly. This is simply not good for the food. Remember this simple rule: the lower the temperature, the more nutritious your food will be; the higher the temperature, the more unhealthy and damaged your food will be.

3. Do not use aluminum utensils and aluminum foil. Both of these release small amounts of into your food which is extremely toxic and damaging to your health.

4. Do not use plastic-coated, non-stick pans, which can release very toxic fumes when overheated, and which can release toxic plastic material into your food that is very harmful to your body.

5. Do not use plastic containers, plastic bags, or plastic wrap for storing any food items that contain fats and oils because they dissolve upon contact with oily and fatty foods, thus releasing toxic plastic material into your food and into your body. Learn to store things like cheese, butter, and fatty foods in non-plastic containers like glass or ceramic. Also, plastic bottles should never be used to store milk, oils, or similar oil-rich foods and drinks because the fat in the milk and the oils may cause a small amount of the to be released into the milk or oil, and then it ends up being a toxic residue in your food and body.

I have given you only short explanations and reasons why to avoid having and using these common kitchen items. There are plenty of studies out there that can give you the detailed reasons why you should avoid these items, so if you're truly interested, do your own research. Nonetheless, it's time for those of us who are truly health conscious and who truly want to improve and protect our health, to start creating a healthy kitchen. To your health, the

1 comment:

Joanne Ott said...

What a terrific blog you have here. Excellent content. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle and blogs like yours really educate.

Thank you for your excellent work!

Joanne Ott