WHICH IS BETTER?
In seeking to answer this question, let's begin by referring to some of the world's best fasting authorities.
WHAT THE WORLD'S FASTING AUTHORITIES SAY
Dr. Otto H.F. Buchinger, who has probably supervised more fasts than any other doctor in the world, approximately 80,000+ fasts, uses only juice fasting. In his vast experience, he found that fasting on RAW fruit and vegetable juices, plus vegetable broths and herb teas, resulted in much quicker recovery from illness and more effective cleansing and rejuvenation of the cells and tissues, as compared with traditional water fasting.
Dr. Paavo Airola, who supervised both types of fasting, was thoroughly convinced that juice fasting was far superior to water fasting. He stated that although American practitioners and clinics generally specialize in the antiquated water fast method, that practically all European clinics now use juice fasting exclusively.
Dr. Ragnar Berg, perhaps the world's greatest authority on nutrition and biochemisty, said the following about the superiority of juice fasting over water fasting:
"During fasting the body burns up and excretes huge amounts of accumulated wastes. We can help this cleansing process by drinking alkaline juices instead of water while fasting. I have supervised many fasts and made extensive tests of fasting patients, and I am convinced that drinking alkaline-forming fruit and vegetable juices, instead of water, during fasting will increase the healing effect of fasting. Elimination of uric acid and other inorganic acids will be accelerated. And sugars in juices will strengthen the heart....Juice fasting is therefore the best form of fasting."
8 REASONS WHY JUICE FASTING IS BETTER than Water Fasting
Raw juice fasting is best when you are fasting for cleansing, regeneration, and rejuvenation purposes. Juice fasting will help to revitalize your active cells, will help to break down and dispose of your aging and dying cells, and will help to accelerate the new building of vital cells. The following physiological facts provide the medical justification for the superiority of juice fasting as opposed to water fasting.
1. Raw fruit and vegetable juices and freshly made vegetable broths are rich in enzymes, minerals, vitamins, and trace elements.
2. These vital nutrients are easily assimilated directly into the bloodstream, without straining the digestive system. In this way they do not disrupt or block the healing and rejuvenating process of self-digestion, or autolysis, as suggested by some water fast supporters.
3. These vital nutrients are extremely beneficial in normalizing all of the body's processes, supplying needed elements for the body's healing activity and cell regeneration, thereby speeding up recovery.
4. Vegetable broths and raw juices provide an alkaline surplus, which is vitally important for the proper acid-alkaline balance in the tissues and blood, since blood and tissues contain large amounts of acids during fasting.
5. Raw juices, and particularly fresh vegetable broth, provides generous amounts of minerals which help to restore the mineral and biochemical balance in the cells and tissues. This is important because mineral imbalance in the cells is one of the main causes of diminished oxygenation, which leads to the premature aging of cells and to illness.
6. According to Dr. Ralph Bircher, raw juices contain a factor which stimulates what he calls a micro-electric tension in the body, which is responsible for the cell's ability to absorb nutrients from the bloodstream and efficiently expel metabolic wastes.
7. Contrary to what some people believe, raw fruit and vegetable juices and vegetable broth do NOT stimulate the secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, which can produce ulcers. It is mainly when protein-rich foods are consumed that hydrochloric acid is secreted.
8. Juice fasting also enables most people to continue with their normal work. Of course, there are exceptions such as jobs that require a high level of concentration. However, for most people, the energy in the raw juices and fresh vegetable broth makes it possible for them to continue working and fulfilling their family responsibilities. This is not necessarily the case with water only fasting.
In conclusion, juice fasting is far superior to water fasting.
Thank you for vising my nutrition blog. Please check back often for my most recent postings on good nutrition and on eating healthy, and consider adding my RSS FEED to your computer so that you can be kept up to date on all of these health and nutrition articles.
As a defender of your health, I am dedicated to providing you with the Keys to Good Nutrition and Tips to Eating Healthy. I am also devoted to encouraging you to eat 5-9 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables every day, and the best way to do that is by drinking the Feast, by Uri International, which is a live whole food based InstaFresh super juice powder drink.
For more information on the Feast by Uri International,
click here: The FEAST - The Single Most Nutritional Experience of Your Life!
To your health, longevity, and prosperity,
Health and Nutrition Educator